Healthcare is one of the most important and impactful areas in our society, with access to patients’ most private data: their medical records. Healthcare institutions share a unique position when it comes to protecting data, as they are responsible for safeguarding their patients’ highly sensitive and discrete data.
Because of negative consequences, such as financial and reputational costs, due to data breaches, medical institutions are extremely hesitant to share or allow access to their sensitive patient data. Therefore, a move to the cloud without jeopardizing data security and privacy seemed far stretched, until now.
Pharmaceutical companies sought to increase collaboration between clinical users, university participants, and research teams validating new treatments faster with improved but lower costs for security.
Developing and verifying new treatments requires the gathering of large amounts of data and an interdisciplinary and institutional approach to the analysis.
High regulatory requirements and compliance hurdles to protect patient personal data, lack of trust in services providers, and the need to protect insight and IP within a specific research group limit the possibilities to c
Solution: Data security and sharing as a service platform from enclaive
enclaive’s Confidential Container comes with a series of inbuilt features to address the above challenges, most notably the following:
- Data remains encrypted even when in use to retain data ownership where it belongs
- Confidential Containers have a cryptographic identity. The authorship is verifiable, allowing the implementation of finer-grained white-labeling mechanisms as well as proactive user protection: Remote attestation allows for on-the-fly scanning of outdated or vulnerable containers in use based on their cryptographic identity.
- Real-time visibility of who has used the data with which approved application to ensure agreed use
- Application validation in use ensuring validated processing and algorithm to protect your IP
- Enablement of compliance with regulations like SozGB IV, GDPR, and GxP to secure your business
- Support for existing applications leveraging the enclaive full base of encrypted services and applications to jumpstart the use without redesigning your code or retraining your teams.
- Enabling cross-departmental collaboration, allowing medical and research institutions to share data bidirectionally without exposing it
- Support multi-party analytics and AI training, when the data owner wants to share only a part of the dataset
Recommended Confidential Containers
enclaive offers a large portfolio of Confidential containers to shield sensitive data in the highly regulated healthcare sector from malicious threads. Prominent examples include: